Monday, May 14, 2007

In Memoriam


I walked through the corn field, away from the fence where the sound of the wind caressed the dandelion. With every sudden gust of wind a few more seeds were blown away, invisibly gone to find a new home in rich soil. Only one little seed remained attached; the head, almost empty, stood erect and proud. Another gust and now the last seed gone - the dandelion's mission done, a brittle barren head holds on. I keep walking and think of the same field just a few moons away, covered in countless yellow flowers...

1 comment:

Val said...

I already told you... I loved this entry, the meaning you gave to the dandelion!! I read it three times in order to get all the idea, and as I liked it so much! The pic you chosed is great too! What a good photographer!! =P I like a lot what you write, so you'll have a reader for sure!
See you tomorrow Charlie!!