Sunday, May 13, 2007

Almost half way down the road

Sunny Sunday, almost noon, May in the day, San Miguel just calm if only for a little while.
I sit back and let my fingers slide through the warm keys of my laptop. I look back and forward almost absent-minded, almost dozing off. So far, I've survived these intensive weeks, and have only a few more to change pace, place, people and the summer landscape of the New Paltz campus.
I've been trying to find my voice in this blog and have changed it a little. First, the formal, hybrid, fit-all welcome message, then the still formal encouraging voice of SP's teacher. Now, I thought this is my space after all, and whoever wants to hear they may, and move on if not. In the milky-way-like blogsphere, mine deserves the attention of a few. Mostly busy kids to find some help, maybe teachers who care to see the rest.
Right now, just my digression on a quiet sunny Sunday. Shiny but no tennis, I just chill in my little sancto sanctorum. My knee looks fine, but I can't run yet! I've no complaints though, I'm regaining my strength. Every process takes some time, I just need some patience, yeah - Guns n Roses, ring a bell? I'm ok. I hear the voices of my friends last night and the ones away. Their warm names dance swaying their syllables softly in my mind. And the warmth feels good. And I appreciate the gift.

No comments: